News is posted here in advance of events and pilgrimages being arranged.
York Pilgrimage - April 23rd 2016
The coach is booked. Departure will be at 7.45am from St. Mary's House. Whether you are using the coach or travelling on your own, please bring your lunch box with you. We shall start the pilgrimage at St. Wilfred's Catholic church (Duncombe Place, YO1 7EN; just opposite the Minster) at 10.15am. Then we shall walk in the footsteps of Blessed Margaret Clitheroe until the Bar Convent (17 Blossom Street, YO24 1DY) where we shall have refreshments. A new exhibition dedicated to the Martyrs will be visited there. It is not free but the charge is quite low (just a few pounds - depending on people's age!). After devotional prayers at the Tyburn (Tadcaster Road, near Pulleyn Drive, YO24 1DY) we shall take the direction of Askham Richard Village (Main Street YO23 3PT) for Mass which we shall try to start at 2.30pm. Our journey back will start at 4.30pm in order to be back in Preston by 7.00pm.
CHARTRES PILGRIMAGE 14th-16th May 2016:
- If interested, notify me at district.uk @ fsspx.email (I need to send you an equipment list, have rough numbers and arrange for stewards, loudspeakers, hymnbooks etc).
- Meet at St. Nicolas-de-Chardonnet, Paris at 6pm on Friday 13th May. Meal in restaurant. Stay the night in the crypt (we usually get permission).
- Take the Pilgrimage Special train from Montparnasse to Chartres early on Saturday (6am?). Walk, pray, receive the sacraments, sing, eat baguettes, drink red wine, suffer together. Forecast: sunshine and blue skies as usual.
- Return tired but elated on Monday 16th evening.
- Everyone buys their own tickets and pays their own expenses.
Further details of the 2016 July and August Summer camps:
Another great help for the Catholic education of children are the summer camps (8-14yrs):
GIRLS' CAMP: 19th-27th July, St. Michael’s School, Burghclere RG20 9JW.
Email to Sr. Mary Elizabeth smsjuniors @ gmail.com
BOYS’ CAMP: 11th-19th August, Colleton Manor, Chulmeigh EX18 7JS.
Email to Fr. Vandendaele v.vandendaele @ fsspx.email
St. Pius X Pilgrimage Co.
Invites you to the
11th Annual Pilgrimage
To the Holy Land & Jordan 15th - 26th May 2016